How to Root Redmi Note 4 : Redmi Note 4 is the most selling device in India as of now, the smartphone breaks many records in India like No.1 smartphone in Q1 ,Fastest Million in India 1 Million Redmi Note 4 sold in 45 Days etc. The popularity of Redmi Note 4 in India is very high and keep on increasing, Many users who bought Redmi Note 4 are not happy with MIUI which is found out of the box in Mi devices, as MIUI takes too much RAM Memory in backgroud but which minimizes the performance of the device, Solution of this , is installing custom roms, Installing the custom rom is not very easy task , as many manufacturers locks the bootloader of their products which is very difficult to unlock, but if you follow our process step by step you will definately unlock it and install any custom rom in your device. Follow all the steps to know ‘ How to Root Redmi Note 4′
How to Root Redmi Note 4
- A Windows PC.
- Mi Unlock Tool: Download (Source)
- ADB Fastboot Tool (Installation is shown in link)
- ADB USB Drivers (Installation is shown in link)
- TWRP Recovery for Redmi Note 4: Download
- SuperSU v2.78: Download
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Root Procedures
- Unlocking Bootloader: First you will need to unlock bootloader which will allow you to install custom recovery in your device.
- Installing TWRP : After Unlocking bootloader, you have to install twrp recovery which will allow you to root your device and install custom ROM as well.
- Rooting the device : After installing twrp, you have to install SUPERSU Zip file which will be used to root your device.
How to unlock Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Bootloader
- Step 1. First you have to go on MiUnlock website then Sign in with your Mi ID and request to unlock bootloader and select the reason for which you are unlocking the bootloader of the device.
- Step 2. Second thing you have to do is , sign in with the same Mi ID account which was used in step 1 and log in with your device.
- Step 3. After that , You Have to launch the “MiFlashUnlock.exe” file as an Administrator after extracting the Mi Flash Unlock tool in your Windows Pc.
- Step 5. After extracting the file, you will see an message “Device not connected” after that switch off your device then, you need to open fastboot mode in your device , Opening the fastboot mode you have to Press and hold the Volume Down button + Power button at the same time, then you will see “fastboot mode” screen in your device ,after that release the buttons.
- Step 6. After getting into fastboot mode connect your device with your windows pc via usb cable and click the unlock button which will appear in Mi Flash unlock toolbar after connecting the device.
- Step 7. After Completing Step 6 wait until a message to appear in the MiFlashUnlock tool bar, after few second you will see a message “unlocked successfully”. Now you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your device.
How to install TWRP Recovery in Redmi Note 4
- Step 1. Download the ADB Fastboot tool in your windows pc and extract the file.
- Step 2. After extracting the file, You have to download twrp.img file in your pc.
- Step 3. After downloading the file you have to Transfer the downloaded twrp.img file into the ADB folder.
- Step 4. Switch on your device, enable USB Debugging by Going to Settings > About Device > Tap the Build Number 7-8 times > Return to Settings > open Developer options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Step 5. Open ADB folder in your PC and Launch the “command.bat” file . Run the command adb devices , if command shows connected devices that means everything is setted well else you have to check the process again.
- Step 6. After that you have to Boot the device to fastboot mode by typing following command:-
adb reboot bootloader
- Step 7. After booting the device to fastboot mode, You have to install twrp by typing following command:-
fastboot flash recovery
Root Redmi Note 4 by Installing supersu
- Step 1. Download the SuperSu.zip file , and tranfer it to the internal storage of the device.
- Step 2. After that boot into twrp recovery.
- Step 3. After booting to twrp recovery, tap on install and Select the SuperSu.zip file which you have saved in internal storage.
- Step 4. After the installation is completed, Clear Dalvik cache and Cache by tapping wipe section in twrp recovery.
Now you have successfully rooted your Redmi Note 4, Check whether your device rooted or not by installing root checker app from playstore.