How to Root Xiaomi redmi 6 pro : Xiaomi redmi 6 pro is one of the most selling device in India , Redmi 6 Pro comes with a 5.84-inch FHD+ with pixel resolution of 2280×1080 pixels covered with 2.5D curved glass display. It is a 19:9 aspect ratio display with a notch on top which looks like iPhone X Display. The phone runs Android 8.1 Oreo out of the Box with MIUI 10 on top.
Cons of Redmi 6 Pro
Many users who bought Xiaomi redmi 6 pro are not happy with UI of the device as MIUI takes too much RAM Memory in background which minimizes the performance of the device, Solution for this , is installing custom roms, Installing the custom rom is not very easy task ,as many manufacturers locks the bootloader of their products which is very difficult to unlock, but if you follow our process step by step you will definately unlock it and install any custom rom in your device. Follow all the steps to know ‘ How to Unlock Bootloader and Root Xiaomi redmi 6 pro’
Note:- www.mygadgetreviewer.com will not be responsible for bricked devices,damaged sd cards or any other misshappening with your device, do this at your own risk.
How to Root Xiaomi redmi 6 pro
- A Windows PC.
- Mi Unlock Tool: Download (Source)
- ADB Fastboot Tool (Installation is shown in link)
- ADB USB Drivers (Installation is shown in link)
- TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi redmi 6 pro: Download
- SuperSU v2.78: Download
Xiaomi Xiaomi redmi 6 pro Root Procedures
- Unlocking Bootloader: First you will need to unlock bootloader which will allow you to install custom recovery in your device.
- Installing TWRP : After Unlocking bootloader, you have to install twrp recovery which will allow you to root your device and install custom ROM as well.
- Rooting the device : After installing twrp, you have to install SUPERSU Zip file which will be used to root your device.
How to unlock Xiaomi Xiaomi redmi 6 pro Bootloader
- Step 1. First you have to go on MiUnlock website then Sign in with your Mi ID and request to unlock bootloader and select the reason for which you are unlocking the bootloader of the device.
- Step 2. Second thing you have to do is , sign in with the same Mi ID account which was used in step 1 and log in with your device.
- Step 3. After that , You Have to launch the “MiFlashUnlock.exe” file as an Administrator after extracting the Mi Flash Unlock tool in your Windows Pc.
- Step 5. After extracting the file, you will see an message “Device not connected” after that switch off your device then, you need to open fastboot mode in your device , Opening the fastboot mode you have to Press and hold the Volume Down button + Power button at the same time, then you will see “fastboot mode” screen in your device ,after that release the buttons.
- Step 6. After getting into fastboot mode connect your device with your windows pc via usb cable and click the unlock button which will appear in Mi Flash unlock toolbar after connecting the device.
- Step 7. After Completing Step 6 wait until a message to appear in the MiFlashUnlock tool bar, after few second you will see a message “unlocked successfully”. Now you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your device.
After unlocking bootloader you have to install TWRP Recovery on your device
How to install TWRP Recovery in Xiaomi redmi 6 pro
- Step 1. Download the ADB Fastboot tool in your windows pc and extract the file.
- Step 2. After extracting the file, You have to download twrp.img file in your pc.
- Step 3. After downloading the file you have to Transfer the downloaded twrp.img file into the ADB folder.
- Step 4. Switch on your device, enable USB Debugging by Going to Settings > About Device > Tap the Build Number 7-8 times > Return to Settings > open Developer options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Step 5. Open ADB folder in your PC and Launch the “command.bat” file . Run the command adb devices , if command shows connected devices that means everything is setted well else you have to check the process again.
- Step 6. After that you have to Boot the device to fastboot mode by typing following command:-
adb reboot bootloader
- Step 7. After booting the device to fastboot mode, You have to install twrp by typing following command:-
fastboot flash recovery
Now you have successfully installedtwrp recovery in your device, now you can root your device to install customroms and root your device. You can boot you device into fastboot mode by pressing volume up button + power button at one time.
Root Xiaomi redmi 6 pro by Installing supersu
- Step 1. Download the SuperSu.zip file , and tranfer it to the internal storage of the device.
- Step 2. After that boot into twrp recovery.
- Step 3. After booting to twrp recovery, tap on install and Select the SuperSu.zip file which you have saved in internal storage.
- Step 4. After the installation is completed, Clear Dalvik cache and Cache by tapping wipe section in twrp recovery.
Now you have successfully rooted your Xiaomi redmi 6 pro, Check whether your device rooted or not by installing root checker app from playstore.
Now you can easily install any custom roms ,mods,kernels etc in your device.
Follow all these step to know ” Root or How to Root Xiaomi redmi 6 pro “