How to Root Redmi note 6 pro : Xiaomi has launched its mid-budget segment smartphone Redmi Note 6 Pro few months ago. The smartphone offers great specifications and features at a value for money pricing. The smartphone is powered by Snapdragon 636 Soc Coupled with Adreno 509 GPU. It comes with 6.26 inches of IPS LCD Display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. s far as camera is concerned , it comes with Dual Rear Camera with 12MP Primary Sensor and 5MP Secondary Sensor. At the Front there is also a Dual Camera setup with 20MP Primary Sensor and 2MP Secondary Sensor.
The overall performance of the device is very good but the place where it lacks is Software department. it runs on MIUI which occupies too much RAM memory such that many people face issues like Framedrops while gaming , lags etc. For Installing custom ROM in Redmi Note 6 Pro , first you have to root Redmi Note 6 PRO. In this post we are going to tell you about ” How to Root Redmi Note 6 Pro ” , Unlock Bootloader and Install Twrp Recovery.
Note:- www.mygadgetreviewer.com will not be responsible for bricked devices,damaged sd cards or any other misshappening with your device, do this at your own risk.
How to Root Redmi note 6 pro without PC
- A Windows PC.
- Mi Unlock Tool: Download (Source)
- ADB Fastboot Tool FOr Redmi Note 6 PRo(Installation is shown in link)
- ADB USB Drivers for Redmi Noe 6 Pro(Installation is shown in link)
- TWRP Recovery for Redmi note 6 pro: Download
- SuperSU v2.78: Download
Xiaomi Redmi note 6 pro Root Procedures
- Unlocking Bootloader of Redmi Note 6 Pro: First you will need to unlock bootloader of Your Note 6 Pro which will allow you to install custom recovery in your device.
- Installing TWRP on Redmi Note 6 Pro : After Unlocking bootloader, you have to install twrp recovery in Redmi Note 6 Pro which will allow you to root your device and install custom ROM as well.
- Rooting Redmi Note 6 Pro : After installing twrp, you have to install SUPERSU Zip file which will be used to root your device.
How to unlock Xiaomi Redmi note 6 pro Bootloader
- Step 1. First you have to go on MiUnlock website then Sign in with your Mi ID and request to unlock bootloader and select the reason for which you are unlocking the bootloader of Redmi Note 6 Pro.
- Step 2. In second step of Unlocking Bootloader of Redmi Note 6 Pro ,you hae to sign in with the same Mi ID account which was used in step 1 and log in with your device.
- Step 3. After that , You Have to launch the “MiFlashUnlock.exe” file as an Administrator after extracting the Mi Flash Unlock tool in your Windows Pc and connect your Redmi Note 6 Pro with PC.
- Step 5. After extracting the file, you will see an message “Device not connected” after that switch off your device then, you need to open fastboot mode in your Redmi Note 6 Pro device , Opening the fastboot mode you have to Press and hold the Volume Down button + Power button at the same time, then you will see “fastboot mode” screen in your device ,after that release the buttons.
- Step 6. After getting into fastboot mode connect your device with your windows pc via usb cable and click the unlock button which will appear in Mi Flash unlock toolbar after connecting the device.
- Step 7. After Completing Step 6 wait until a message to appear in the MiFlashUnlock tool bar, after few second you will see a message “unlocked successfully”. Now you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your device.
After unlocking bootloader of Redmi Note 6 Pro, you have to install TWRP Recovery on your device
How to install TWRP Recovery in Redmi note 6 pro
- Step 1. Download the ADB Fastboot tool in your windows pc and extract the file.
- Step 2. After extracting the file, You have to download twrp.img file in your pc.
- Step 3. After downloading the file you have to Transfer the downloaded twrp.img file into the ADB folder.
- Step 4. Switch on your device, enable USB Debugging by Going to Settings > About Device > Tap the Build Number 7-8 times > Return to Settings > open Developer options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Step 5. Open ADB folder in your PC and Launch the “command.bat” file . Run the command adb devices , if command shows connected devices that means everything is setted well else you have to check the process again.
- Step 6. After that you have to Boot the device to fastboot mode by typing following command:-
adb reboot bootloader
- Step 7. After booting the device to fastboot mode, You have to install twrp by typing following command:-
fastboot flash recovery
Now you have successfully installed twrp recovery in your Redmi Note 6 Pro, now you can root your device to install custom roms and root your device. You can boot you device into fastboot mode by pressing volume up button + power button at one time.
Root Redmi note 6 pro by Installing supersu
- Step 1. Download the SuperSu.zip file , and tranfer it to the internal storage of your Redmi Note 6 Pro.
- Step 2. After that boot into twrp recovery by Pressing Volume UP + Power Button Simultaneously.
- Step 3. After booting to twrp recovery, tap on install and Select the SuperSu.zip file which you have saved in internal storage.
- Step 4. After the installation is completed, Clear Dalvik cache and Cache by tapping wipe section in twrp recovery.
Now you have successfully rooted your Redmi note 6 pro, Check whether your device rooted or not by installing root checker app from playstore.
Now you can easily install any custom roms ,mods,kernels etc in your device.
Follow all these step to know ” Root or How to Root Redmi note 6 pro “. If you are facing any issues regarding root / unroot Redmi Note 6 pro please comment down your questions below. This is the best and the easiest method to unlock bootloader of redmi note 6 Pro and install twrp reovery without PC.