Root Xiaomi Mi A1 : Xiaomi Mi A1 , the latest Xiaomi Mid-range smartphone was launched in India couples of months ago and sold in great numbers. Xiaomi Mi A1 was sold in china as Mi5x but chinese version of the smartphone also comes with MIUI whereas Indian Version only gets Android One support there is no option for MIUI. As many users are intrested in MIUI because of its great features and security, To install MIUI in Mi A1 you have to root your device ,unlock the bootloader and install twrp recovery to install any Custom ROM in the device. If you want to install miui or any custom rom in your Xiaomi Mi A1 or Mi 5x and dont know how to root,unlock bootloader and install twrp in Mi A1 then you aree at the right place,In this post we will tell you How to Root Xiaomi Mi A1, Unlock Bootloader and install twrp in Mi A1 step by step.
How To Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi A1 or Mi5x
Basic Requirements to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi A1
- PC or Laptop
- USB or Charging cable come with your device.
- Downloaded ADB drivers and ADB toolkit.
- Device Charged Up to 70%.
- Internet Connection .
Step by Step Guide to Unlock Bootloader of Mi A1 or Mi 5X
First of all, Xiaomi Mi A1 comes with stock android which means the unlocking procedure of bootloader is different from other Xiaomi smartphones and devices. To Unlock the Bootloader of Mi A1 you don’t need to apply for the permission and wait for 4 to 5 days , this process will take upto 10 to 15 minutes.
- First You Have to Download the ADB toolkit and extract it in a folder of your PC.
- Now open that folder where you have extracted the ADB toolkit and press Right Click + Shift key at the same time.
- Now you will see an Pop-up Command Window
- After completing the third step connect your device to your PC using charging cable or data cable which comes with your device.
- Then ,Go to Settings>About Phone and Tap the build number 7 times.
- Next Go to to Settings>Developer Options and enable the USB debugging.
- Now, in your PC, go to the opened command window and type “Adb devices,”
- After that a pop-up will appear in your device and tap on allow.
- Now type “ADB reboot bootloader” in command window, and your deice will get reboot into fastboot mode.
- Then type “fast boot OEM unlock” in Cmd window
- Then type “fast boot format user data” in the same window
- Done,You Have successfuly unlocked the bootloader of your Mi A1.
Pros of Unlocking the Bootloader of your device
- Your device will get eligible to root.
- By Unlocking Bootloader you will be able to flash any custom recovery and custom rom in your device.
Cons of Unlocking the Bootloader of your device
- Your device will be less secured.
- Some features might not work of the custom rom like Find my phone etc.
Steps On How To Install TWRP Recovery in Xiaomi Mi A1
- Download the lazy flasher and place it into internal storage of your Device.
- Now open the command window or cmd and get into fast boot mode by typing “Adb reboot bootloader” in cmd.
- Now Type “fastboot flash recovery recovery-mia1.img” in cmd.
- Then boot into Twrp recovery by pressing power button + volume up key at the same time.
- Then Go to Install>Internal Storage and locate the lazy flasher file and flash it.
- That’s it, you have successfully flashed Twrp recovery in your Device.
How to Root Xiaomi Mi A1 step by step
- Download and place magisk.zip into the internal storage of your Device to Root Xiaomi Mi A1.
- Now, Boot into TWRP Recovery by pressing volume up + power button simultaneously of your device.
- Then,Go to Install From SD card and locate Magisk file and install it in twrp recovery to Root Xiaomi Mi A1.
- Now to swipe to reboot the system.
- All Done, you have successfully rooted Xiaomi Mi A1.
Note: We are not responsible for Dead sd cards and Bricked devices , you are responsible for any loss comes in your device while installing twrp or unlocking bootloader or rooting your device.