Update Redmi 5a to Pie: Xiaomi Redmi 5a was one of the Most Selling Smartphones in India, It comes with Great Specifications and Features at the Value for Money Price. Redmi 5a runs on MIUI 10, which is Xiaomi’s own Developed ROM, It also comes with Great Specifications and Features Like Split Screen , Voice Assistant etc, also it Provides Great Software experience to its users. But many users are not happy with MIUI 10, as some reports, it lowers RAM availability of their device, whereas some say it reduces Performance , also it Does not Gets Latest Pie. Many Users want their Redmi 5a to be updated to Android o or Android Pie 9.0.
If you are One of those who don’t like the MIUI ROM or wanted to Update your Redmi 5a to Latest Android Pie, then this post is for you. In this post, we will tell you. This Update was featured in Mi Community and 100% genuine and tested. Follow all the steps, step by step to perform the update. This method requires rooting of your smartphone or install twrp recovery. You can root redmi 5a by visiting the root page.
Update Redmi 5a to Pie
Note: MyGadgetReviewer.com will not be responsible for Dead SD Cards, Bricked Devices or any other Mishappening with your device. This guide is only for Redmi 5a don’t try this method to root any other smartphone. Perform all the steps at your own risk. All these steps are tried and tested on our Redmi 5a Device and we have got 100% success at the first time of rooting. Rooting the Huawei p9 lite is not such a difficult task in very rare cases you may face a problem. Its a very easy tutorial and 99% of Users have successfully rooted their smartphone through our Blog.
- Download Android 9.0 Pie ROM For Redmi 5a From here.
- Download GApps for Android 9.0 Pie from this link
- Installed TWRP Recovery
- Downloaded Android Pie ROM Zip File For Redmi 5a file
- Downloaded Gapps of Lineage OS ROM
- Redmi 5a Charged Above 60%
- USB Cable
- Minimum 4GB Internal Storage Free Space
- MicroSD Card
- Both the Zip File Placed in MicroSD Card.
Pros of Android Pie 9.0
- Your Redmi 5a will Perform faster .
- Great Software Experience.
- RAM will occupy very Less Space as compared to MIUI 10.
- Stable Hotspot Feature
- Stable VoLTE feature
- Increased Battery Life
Cons of installing Android Pie 9.0 in Redmi 5a
- Your Device warranty may Void
- Your Device may become less secured
- The battery may Drain more fastly (in some cases)
How to Update Redmi 5a to Pie 9.0
- First Of All, You have to Turn off Your Redmi 5a.
- In Second Step You Have to Go to the TWRP recovery in Your Device by pressing Power ON/OFF button + Volume Down Button Simultaneously.
- Now Go to the Tap on the Wipe Section der TWRP Recovery.
- Then, you will see an Option, Advanced Wipe, Now tap on it and Swipe.
- After that Go to the Install Section and Browse to the Linage OS Zip File and install it.
- After Installing Lineage OS Zip File, Go to Install section Again.
- Now Browse to Gapps Zip File and Install it too.
- after successfully install, Reboot or Restart Your Redmi 5a.
- Done, You Have Successfully Update Redmi 5a to Pie.
Recommended: List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi 5a in 2018
If you are Facing Any type of Issues with the update then please comment below. This Android Pie Based ROM has no issues so far. Your Device will run fast and there are no issues with the Camera of the Device. Please Note that after installing this ROM, the warranty of your device may be void. We request you to install this update after the expiration of your warranty. Please Do it at your own risk as many people may brick their devices while performing these steps.