TRAI Channel Selector App: Last year, TRAI introduced a new rule, after which users can select the channels of their choice and they have to pay for the selected channels. Since then people have started adding and removing channels of their choice. But to add and remove channels and packs, people have to go to their operator’s website or call customer service. These sub-processes waste substantial time. And there are some customers who do not even know how to choose channels and packages.
On the other hand, users who have more than one TV connection at home face even more difficulties in choosing channels and packages. To overcome all these problems, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has launched its new Channel Selector App. Through this application, Both Cable TV users and DTH users will be able to select channels and packs of their choice. The app is available on both iOS and Android platforms.
However, so far only a select few operators exist in this application. According to TRAI, they will soon add 12 more Cable TV operators to the platform. Currently, it has four DTH operators – Tata Sky, Dish TV, D2H and Airtel TV. Four multi-system operators InDigital, Asianet, Hathway and SITI Network. TRAI says that these eight operators have around 50 per cent of Tv Subscribers. This will help the Subscribers to select the channels and packages easily. Also, it will also help in reducing the total monthly subscription bills.
How to Select, Add/Remove Channels and Packs Using TRAI Channel Selector App
- First of All, Download and install the Channel Selector App for Android from here and for iOS from here.
- After Installing the Application, Launch the App and Select your DTH/Cable Tv operator from the list.
- Then, Enter your Login with your Account Subscriber ID and other Credentials.
- After Logging in, You will see List of Channels and Packages you have subscribed.
- Go to Add Channel Sections to Select Channels, Add Bouquets Section for New Pack. Same applies for Removing Channels and Packages.
- After Selecting, tap the Optimize Option and Confirm your selection.
- Then you will receive OTP for Confirmation. Done You have Successfully Selected Channels through TRAI App.
That’s it In this post of TRAI Channel Selector App. If you are facing any issues related to Add, Remove, Select Channels using All then comment down your queries in the below comment section. The Steps included in this post are tested by our team and 100% Working in all the 8 Operators.