Stop Bluetooth from Turning On Automatically on Android: Bluetooth enables the smartphone to be connected to a wireless device. In today’s world, most smartphone users prefer wireless earphones that connect only via Bluetooth. Plus, most people connect their car stereo to their smartphone to attend calls, play music, and use connected car technology. Apart from this, all the voice assistant devices like Google Home, Alexa etc. are also connected via Bluetooth. It plays an important role in our daily life.
However, some Android users are constantly reporting the problem of Bluetooth turning on automatically on their devices. If this is also one of your concerns then this post can be helpful for you. In this article, we are showing you 3 simple working methods to resolve this issue. Also, this problem is very common in Android devices nowadays, as many apps require access to your device connectivity features which causes this error.
3 Ways to Stop Bluetooth from Turning On Automatically on Android
Reset Bluetooth Settings on Your Device
After installing a new application, there may be a bug in connectivity that results in this error. To fix this, you will need to manually Reset the Bluetooth Setting on your device. Follow these steps to attain the same.
- First of all, Go to the Settings app on your Android device.
- In the settings menu, tap on the search icon.
- In the Search bar, type the Reset Network Settings and tap on it to reset it.
- After tapping, you will see a confirmation popup, tap on it to confirm your activity.
- Wait for a few seconds, and done. All the network settings have been reset including the Bluetooth service.
Turning Off Bluetooth tethering
The tethering feature uses the Bluetooth service to share your Android device data connection with other wireless devices. If you often use this feature to share your mobile data with your friends and family members, then it might be the reason for Bluetooth to turn on automatically on your Android phone. To fix this, all you need to do is Turn off the Bluetooth Tethering feature. To do this follow these steps.
- In the first step, go to the settings application on your android phone.
- In the Settings menu, Scroll down to Connection & Sharing Settings or simply search for the same.
- Under Connection & Sharing Settings page, you will see the Bluetooth tethering toggle. Disable it if it’s turned on by default and make sure it is turned off.
- After turning it off, the tethering service will not turn on Bluetooth automatically.
Disable Bluetooth Scanning for Improved Location Accuracy
Another reason why Bluetooth turns on automatically is location scanning. The android phone uses Bluetooth to scan the accurate location. You can easily fix this by disabling the Bluetooth scanning for improved location accuracy in your smartphone.
- Launch the Settings app on your Android device.
- In Settings, Scroll down and select the Location Settings.
- Now you will see Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning option, tap on it.
- Then turn off the Bluetooth Scanning feature.
- Done, Now your device will not use Bluetooth scanning for location accuracy.
That’s all in this post on How to Stop Bluetooth Turning On Automatically. If you are facing any problems with any of the steps listed in the Guide then comment down below. Check our Website MyGadgetReviewer.com for more Bluetooth tips and tricks like this.