How to Generate FASTag: The National Highways Authority of India has made the FASTag scheme mandatory in India. Yet there are some people who have not understood what Fastag is and how it is useful. If you are also among those who are still in doubt then this post may be helpful for you. Before moving on to the main content Generating FASTag, let’s take a look at what it is.
What is FASTag
To solve the problems caused by the toll collection system at the toll plaza, the National Highway Authority of India has introduced an electronic toll collection system in India. The Electronic Toll Collection System or Fastag Scheme was first introduced in India in 2014. Which is now being gradually applied to toll plazas across the country. With the help of Fastag system, you will be able to get rid of the problems faced while paying toll tax at the toll plaza.
After placing the tag on your vehicle windscreen, you do not need to stop at the toll plaza and pay the tax. All you have to do is wait for the scanner to scan your FASTag. After scanning Fastag, the tollgate will open automatically. And the toll tax is automatically deducted from your FASTag account.
Where to Buy FASTag in India 2020
Before heading towards How to Generate FASTag, first, we tell you where to buy it (In case you haven’t bought it yet). You can easily buy Tag from both Online and offline. There are various Certified Banks and Wallets which are offering FASTags with great recharge and cashback offers.
Buy FASTag Online
There are various certified banks which are offering FASTAg. You can buy tags online from Banks, including Bank of Baroda, Axis, HDFC, IDFC, SBI, Punjab National Bank, Airtel Payments Bank, Paytm Bank etc Banks official Websites.
Almost all popular and certified banks are offering FASTag through their online portal. If you are an individual, you can order FASTag directly from the bank’s official website and the bank will deliver it to your home. In case you are corporate then you have to go to the bank branch.
Through App, E-Wallets and E-commerce Site
In case you are not comfortable with banks, You can also buy FASTag from official App, Online Wallets and E-commerce Platforms.
E-Wallet- As of now PayTM is the only E-Wallet through which you can order FASTag.(How to Buy Fastag from PayTM).
The Indian Highways Management Company has officially introduced My Fastag App to order and manage your FASTag Account. The app is available for all the platforms including Android and iOS.
Buy FASTag Offline (From Toll Plaza)
If you are in a hurry or you do not want to order FASTag online, then you can also buy it from the offline store. Both individuals and corporates can take their tag from point-of-sale (POS) at the toll plaza of the National Highway by paying a Normal fee and generate the Fastag.
Also, the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) is offering FASTAg for free for a limited period of time. (Note-Minimum balance for the FASTag and the security deposit will be applicable.)
Documents Required to Generate FASTag
Following is the list of Documents which are required for Generating FASTag.Keep in mind that you must have all these documents before proceeding on How to Generate Fastag.
- Registration Certificate of your vehicle.
- Vehicle Owner Passport Size photos.
- Driving Licence.
- Aadhar Card/Passport/VoterID for Address proof.
How to Generate FASTag Online
For users who have purchased Fastag from the bank
- First of all Download and Install the My Fastag App from AppStore/PlayStore.
- After installing, Tap on the Logon to Bank Portal Option.
- Then select the bank from which you issued your tag.
- After that, you will be redirected to your Bank login Page.
- If you are Individual then tap on Retail Login or In case you are Corporate Tap the Corporate Login option.
- Now, you will see the USERID and Password option. Enter the Customer ID or Wallet ID (mailed by Your bank) in userID section and enter the Password (mailed by the bank).
- That’s it you have successfully Generated your FASTag.
For users who have purchased Fastag Online or via Amazon
- In the First step, you have to Download and Install the My Fastag App from AppStore/PlayStore.
- After Installing the My FASTag Application, Tap on Activate FASTag option.
- Then You have to Scan the QR Code or you can also enter 24 Digit ID manually.
- After that Enter all the details asked by App like Vehicle Registration Number, Name, Email etc.
- Then you will see three options Create NHAI Prepaid Wallet, Link with Bank and Recharge.
- Tap the First option and create your NHAI Prepaid wallet by entering all the details. You can also link your Bank account with your FASTag for faster transactions and use it easily.
- Done. You have successfully completed How to Generate FASTag Tutorial. Now you can easily recharge/check your Account.
That’s it in this post of How To Generate FASTag in 2020. If you are facing issues while Ordering/Recharging/ Activating your FASTag then please comment down below. All the Methods included in this post are tested by our Team and 100% working. For More Information related to FASTag please visit NETC Official Site.