How to download Driving Licence Soft copy: It often happens to us that we forget to keep our driving license and other important documents with us while driving. Due to this sometimes we have to face many problems. Recently, traffic fines have increased a lot. People will now have to pay heavy fines if they break traffic rules. These rules are for our safety and we request you to follow all traffic rules. But mistakes do happen and now we have to pay a huge amount for such mistakes.
If you too often forget to take documents with you, then this post can be very helpful for you. In this post, we will tell you How to Download Driving Licence and save it in your Mobile Phone. By doing this you will not have to take the hard copy of your licence with you every time and do not have to worry in case you forgot it at your home. Also, you can show the digital format of the document to the government official anytime.
Are Digital Documents Valid
Before proceeding further, a question will arise in your mind that are e-documents really valid? Yes, they are 100% valid. According to the Ministry of Transport – the Motor Vehicles Act – driving license, vehicle registration and other documents in electronic form are now valid and can be shown to any government official at the time of inspection. Users can save documents in mParivahan or Digilocker app.
How to Download and Save Driving Licence Soft Copy
Using DigiLocker App
Digilocker was launched by the Indian government in 2019 as an important initiative under Digital India. This application has been developed to issue and verify documents and certificates in a digital way so that you do not need to carry a physical hard copy of the documents with you. every time.
How to Download Driving Licence and other vehicle documents in DigiLocker app
- First of all download and Install Digilocker app in your device from google play store or App Store.
- After installing the application, launch the app and log in through your phone number.
- Then, you will receive an OTP on your number, Enter it on the given text field to login.
- After logging in, Go to the uploads section and Select the upload documents option.
- Now Upload your Driving Licence and other documents you want to store. You can also save the certificates & docs without taking the pictures just by scanning the QR codes of your certificates.
- Then, Categorise your documents by making folders to find them easily. Done you have successfully stored your documents and certificates in DigiLocker app.
Download Driving Licence Using mParivahan App
MParivahan is the official app for tracking vehicle registration details. Through this application, citizens can immediately access various information, services and utilities related to the transport sector. Additionally, you can also search vehicle registration details along with the address using this app. It’s a great application to store your vehicle documents and certificates soft copy in your device.
Save Driving Licence, vehicle documents & certificates in mParivahan app
- In the first step, you have to download and install mParivahan app from Google play store or app store in your device.
- After installation, Sign up or log in to the app by entering your mobile number or other asking details.
- Then Go to the DL section and Enter your Driving Licence Number starting with DL.
- You can also add your RC by going to the My RC section and entering your registration number. In the same manner, you can also save other docs and certificates in MParivahan App.
That’s it in this post of How to Download Driving Licence Soft copy in your Mobile Phone. If you are facing any issues in while saving a soft copy of your driving licence and other certificates then comment down your queries in the below comment section. The Method included in this post have been tested by our team and 100% safe, you can also save e-documents of your vehicle in your device without any issues. We are coming up with more tips and tricks like this, till then stay connected.