How to download Driving Licence Online: It often happens to us that we forget to carry our driver’s license and other important documents while driving. Due to this sometimes we have to face many problems. Recently there has been a significant increase in traffic fines. Now people will have to pay heavy fines for breaking the traffic rules. These rules are for our safety and we request you to follow all the traffic rules. But mistakes happen and we have to pay a heavy price for such mistakes.
If this often happens to you too, then this post is very helpful for you. In this post, we will show you How To Download Driving license and save it on your smartphone. By doing this you will not have to carry a hard copy of your license with you all the time and you will not have to worry if you forget it at home. Also, you can show the digital format of the document to the government official anytime.
Are e-documents valid?
Yes, they are 100% legit. As per the Ministry of Transport – Motor Vehicles Act – Driving licenses, vehicle registration and other documents in electronic form are now valid and can be shown to any government official at the time of inspection. Users can save documents in the mParivahan or DigiLocker app.
How to Download and Save Driving Licence Soft Copy
Using DigiLocker App
Digilocker was launched by the Indian government in 2019 as an important initiative under Digital India. This application has been developed to issue and verify documents and certificates digitally so that you do not need to carry a physical hard copy of the documents with you. every time.
How to Download Driving Licence and Other Vehicle Documents in DigiLocker app
- First of all download and Install the Digilocker app on your device from Google Play Store or App Store.
- After installing the application, launch the app and log in with your phone number.
- Then, you will receive an OTP on your number, Enter it on the given text field to log in.
- After logging in, Go to the uploads section and Select the upload documents option.
- Now Upload your Driving Licence and other documents you want to store. You can also save the certificates & docs without taking the pictures just by scanning the QR codes of your certificates.
- Then, Categorise your documents by making folders to find them easily. Done you have successfully stored your documents and certificates in the DigiLocker app.
Download Driving Licence Using mParivahan App
MParivahan is the official app for tracking vehicle registration details. Through this application, citizens can immediately access various information, services and utilities related to the transport sector. Additionally, you can also search for vehicle registration details along with the address using this app. It’s a great application to store your vehicle documents and certificates in soft copy on your device.
Save Driving Licence, vehicle documents & certificates in the mParivahan app
- In the first step, you have to download and install the mParivahan app from the Google Play Store or App Store on your device.
- After installation, Sign up or log in to the app by entering your mobile number or other asking details.
- Then Go to the DL section and Enter your Driving Licence Number starting with DL.
- You can also add your RC by going to the My RC section and entering your registration number. In the same manner, you can also save other docs and certificates in the MParivahan App.
That’s it in this post on How to Download a Driving Licence Online on your Mobile Phone. If you are facing any issues while saving a soft copy of your driving licence and other certificates then comment down your queries in the below comment section. The Method included in this post has been tested by our team and is 100% safe, You can also save e-documents of your vehicle on your device without any issues. We are coming up with more tips and tricks like this, till then Stay connected.